Objectives of the association
The main goal of the Polish Wholesale Markets Association was to select a common representation of wholesale markets for solving current and future problems related to their development and coordination of activities.
BASIC TASKS OF THE ASSOCIATION INCLUDE:
- representing the interests of agri-food wholesale markets in relation to central and local government administration bodies as well as other institutions and external bodies,
- supporting the development and cooperation of wholesale markets that organize trade in agri-food products in Poland
- promoting the creation of appropriate legislation on agri-food wholesale markets
- taking actions to create long-standing legal, economic and organizational foundations for the strengthening of Polish agri-food wholesale markets and their integration within the European Union market
- promoting the activities of Polish agri-food wholesale markets in Poland and abroad
- creating conditions ensuring the representation and defence of the interests and rights of entrepreneurs and entities involved in the activities of agri-food wholesale markets
- coordinating joint programs aimed at increasing the competitiveness of wholesale markets.
METHODS OF FULFILLING THE OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSOCIATION:
- organizing meetings on issues related to agri-food wholesale markets
- participating in training meetings initiated by the Association in Poland andabroad
- participating in actions promoting the activity of agri-food wholesale markets
- initiating and issuing opinions on drafted legal acts regulating the activity of wholesale markets
- drafting legal regulations (concerning wholesale markets) and submitting them to the relevant authorities for further procedure.